• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

REVIEW KOWA TSN-66 A PROMINAR - a little fluorite gem with incredible performance! (1 Viewer)

binomania

A dear greeting to all from Italy, today I have the pleasure to present you a detailed video review of the brand new KOWA TSN-66A spotting scope. A product that I anticipate will undoubtedly create a new benchmark in the field of compact instruments.. I would like to inform you that the "ZOOM KIT" version is available at a price of €2,698.00 (price suggested by Kowa Optimed Deutschland GmbH. Have a good read and enjoy!
Video on YouTube channel:
P.S. Italian language subtitles will be available in the coming days
Full article with photos, tables and technical data: KOWA TSN-66 A PROMINAR - un piccolo gioiello alla fluorite con prestazioni incredibili - . i've inserted a new plugin to translate in variuos languages
Kind Regards
Piergiovannikowa-tns-66-a-8.jpg

Thank you (from a fellow Italian, so I can read you in the original language)!

I have an Opticron 60 ED MM4 with 15-45 SLDv3; would the difference with the Kowa be noticeable?
How wide is the field of view through the Kowa eyepiece?

Thank you (from a fellow Italian, so I can read you in the original language)!

I have an Opticron 60 ED MM4 with 15-45 SLDv3; would the difference with the Kowa be noticeable?
How wide is the field of view through the Kowa eyepiece?
Hi Luca, difficult for me to give you an answer since I cannot try them both, what I can tell you is that this new small spotting scope is definitely sharp with high contrast and excellent containment of chromatic aberration. Regarding the linear field you can find the specifications on the official website, certainly it would be nice to have a new fixed wide-angle eyepiece with lower magnification than what is currently available. CIAO!

Hi Luca, difficult for me to give you an answer since I cannot try them both, what I can tell you is that this new small spotting scope is definitely sharp with high contrast and excellent containment of chromatic aberration. Regarding the linear field you can find the specifications on the official website, certainly it would be nice to have a new fixed wide-angle eyepiece with lower magnification than what is currently available. CIAO!
Thanks Piergiovanni your reviews are great and very much appreciated!
Ciao, Luca.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back