• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Robin Ghost Story (1 Viewer)

gsimonel

United States
I was walking in the woods in Reston, VA., today when I saw a flock of robins. They were all sitting on the ground in a semicircle looking up at the one robin in the photo. This robin was telling a ghost story about the Killer Northern Shrike--a very popular story among robins. I snapped this photo just as the story-teller was acting out part about how the killer shrike impaled the robin on a honey locust tree during the full moon. All the other robins were chittering and fluttering their wings at this point; they were clearly very scared. Apparently, the robin in the photo is a very gifted story-teller, specializing in ghost stories, and quite well known among robins. I was quite pleased to catch this performance, since it's very rare for humans to get to hear robin ghost stories.

Attachments

• RNC_1-24-24_9420.jpg
    RNC_1-24-24_9420.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back