• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Savi's warbler? (Romania) (1 Viewer)

siposi

Hello,

Is this a Savi's warbler (Locustella luscinioides)?
I would like to ask for a confirmation or an id if it is something else.
I heard the Savi's warbler's song nearby...

Thank you very much in advance,
Istvan

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 48
  • Photo2.jpg
    Photo2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 47
  • Photo3.jpg
    Photo3.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 43
  • Photo4.jpg
    Photo4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
Hello,
its a worn adult Reed Warbler imo.
  • undertail coverts are not full enough and whitish
  • greenish tinge to the legs is good for Reed, but bad (???) for a Savis Warbler
Yes, curved wings and plain tertials givee this bird an Locustella jizz
And yes, your bird has appearant "hunger stripes" on the tertials, but they should be present on tail in Locustellas according to literature. And a Reed Warbler can also suffer from mal nutriotion, moult issues, desease ...

Hello,
its a worn adult Reed Warbler imo.
  • undertail coverts are not full enough and whitish
  • greenish tinge to the legs is good for Reed, but bad (???) for a Savis Warbler
Yes, curved wings and plain tertials givee this bird an Locustella jizz
And yes, your bird has appearant "hunger stripes" on the tertials, but they should be present on tail in Locustellas according to literature. And a Reed Warbler can also suffer from mal nutriotion, moult issues, desease ...
Thank you very much!
After looking to a lot of photos with Savi's and Reed Warblers, I also started to think that it is "just" a Reed Warbler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back