• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sea eagle chicks? (2 Viewers)

Afxmex

United Kingdom
Hi i’m new to this forum, and was hoping someone might offer an ID on these chicks?
A tree surgeon friend discovered this nest in sussex area, and is confident they are eagles. Chatting with my dad, a (keen birder) given the location thought they could be sea eagles. Photo taken on the 10th Oct this year.
Any responses gratefully received, my dad’s currently in hospital and can’t get t his computer, and asked me if I would post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i’m new to this forum, and was hoping someone might offer an ID on these chicks?
A tree surgeon friend discovered this nest in sussex area, and is confident they are eagles. Chatting with my dad, a (keen birder) given the location thought they could be sea eagles. Photo taken on the 10th Oct this year.
Any responses gratefully received, my dad’s currently in hospital and can’t get t his computer, and asked me if I would post it here.

View attachment 1539167
Tbh I think they look more like wood pigeons I should mention my dad is partially sighted, so not sure how much of the picture he can make out.

Hi Afxmex and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Sadly, as Mono said, we don't allow nest pictures to appear in the Gallery or posts on the forum, as we do not wish to encourage others to think it's OK to do so. It would be very unusual to see White-tailed Eagles still in the nest, and unrecognisable, in August. They should be free-flying and independent by this time.

You can read more about them in our Opus article on the species and see images of young birds there too: White-tailed Eagle - BirdForum Opus

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back