• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Slavonian Grebe (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
After two failed attempts seeing Waxwings at a park in town they had been sighted (I went yesterday too) I decided to visit St Margaret’s Loch in Holyrood Park that has been causing a stir on social media. When I arrived the Loch was full of Graylag Geese, Mute Swans, Tufted Ducks, Mallards & Black Headed Gulls I saw the Grebe among the Gulls, it was quite far to get a decent picture but I was glad to see it.

By chance I was scheduled to be in Edinburgh today anyway so I popped over to have a look at the grebe which was a Scottish tick for me. Got some so-so pics, it was still raining when I was there so not great conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back