• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrow hybrid, Bulgaria (1 Viewer)

Pavel

Hello, please help ID this Sparrow, captured today at Durankulak, NE Bulgaria.

Attachments

• Passer1_OK.jpg
    Passer1_OK.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Passer2_OK.jpg
    Passer2_OK.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 44
  • Passer4_OK.jpg
    Passer4_OK.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Sparrow3_OK.jpg
    Sparrow3_OK.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 43
Sorry, I should’ve been a bit more specific: supercilium in front and behind the eye, reduced grey in crown( and looks to be brown- flecked too), whiter rather than greyer cheeks and strongly coloured chestnut median coverts all struck me as suggesting mixed parentage ( or grandparentage ( ooh, a new word!)).
Pavel, do you see this sort of individual occasionally in Bulgaria?

I think all these things (possibly or possibly not excluding brownish invasion into the crown?) are well within normal house sparrow appearance.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back