• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spring Migration of raptors - Mexico (1 Viewer)

Jaysan

Hello, I have heard about raptor migration in the Autumn in Mexico. There is not much on where to go to watch Spring migration though. Thoughts please.

Hello, I have heard about raptor migration in the Autumn in Mexico. There is not much on where to go to watch Spring migration though. Thoughts please.
I've been watching hawks and vultures migrate near my home in the unfashionable swamps at the base of the Blue ridge mountains. I suggest you go to the nearest hilltop and see what you've got.
Me? 20 Red-Tails in an afternoon was an awesome day. 6 Turkey Vultures was not.

I've been watching hawks and vultures migrate near my home in the unfashionable swamps at the base of the Blue ridge mountains. I suggest you go to the nearest hilltop and see what you've got.
Me? 20 Red-Tails in an afternoon was an awesome day. 6 Turkey Vultures was not.
Thank you

If you Google “Gunsight Mountain Hawkwatch” you’ll see that Alaska gets a well-attended influx of raptors through a series of mountain passes that funnel the birds to an easy viewing location along the road system. I’ve attended in past years, you can get most of your yearly raptor tics in a single day if you are good at identifying flight silhouettes.

I'd be surprised if your location didn't have something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back