• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Streptopelia dusumieri (Temminck, 1823) and others (2 Viewers)

Taphrospilus

Turnix sylvaticus dussumier (Temminck, 1828) v.5 (1838) - Nouveau recueil de planches coloriées d'oiseaux - Biodiversity Heritage Library v.5 (1838) - Nouveau recueil de planches coloriées d'oiseaux - Biodiversity Heritage Library
Streptopelia dusumieri (Temminck, 1823)
Cinnyris dussumieri (Hartlaub, 1861) Jahrg.7-8=no.37-48 (1859-1860) - Journal für Ornithologie - Biodiversity Heritage Library
Accipiter badius dussumieri (Temminck, 1824)
Nyroca dussumieri Bonaparte, 1857 t.43 (1856) - Comptes rendus hebdomadaires des séances de l'Académie des sciences - Biodiversity Heritage Library
Graucalus dussumieri Lesson 1831 t.1 (1831) - Traité d'ornithologie, ou, Tableau méthodique des ordres, sous-ordres, familles, tribus, genres, sous-genres et races d'oiseaux - Biodiversity Heritage Library

Seychelles Sunbird Cinnyris dussumieri Hartlaub, 1860
Philippine Turtle Dove ssp. Streptopelia bitorquata dusumieri Temminck, 1823
Shikra ssp. Accipiter badius dussumieri Temminck, 1824
Small Buttonquail ssp. Turnix sylvaticus dussumier Temminck, 1828
Jean-Jacques Dussumier (1792–1883) was a French merchant, collector, traveller and ship owner. He was most active (1816–1840) in South-East Asia and around the Indian Ocean. He seems to have collected mainly molluscs and fish, a large number being named after him including a whole genus of herrings called Dussumieria. A mammal and five reptiles are also named after him.

Jean-Jacques Dussumier (1792-1883) French merchant, ship-owner, traveller, collector in the East Indies and Philippines (subsp. Accipiter badius, syn. Aythya baeri, Cinnyris, syn. Coracina striata, Streptopelia, Turnix).

There seems to be longe publication avbout him Yves Laissus: Note sur les voyages de Jean-Jacques Dussumier: 1792-1883.
He is called here Investigations on Cetacea

JEAN-JACQUES DUSSUMIER-LATOUR was born in Bergerac on the 9th of August 1792 and died in Bordeaux on the 19th of June 1883.

I did not check his birth record yet if there was an additional LATOUR to his name.

According his death record BORDEAUX 3 E 286 - Registre des actes de décès de Bordeaux, section 1, 1883 - 1883 p. 110 of 244 no Latour.

And here his enty in Leonore Recherche - Base de données Léonore .

I feel we can forget about Latour and have no clue where it may have derived from. But feel free to correct me. If we look at Jean-Jacques Dussumier - Wikipedia a lot more dedications for him (not birds).

Last edited:
I feel we can forget about Latour and have no clue where it may have derived from.

I have attached a baptism record -- no Latour there either.
(However, his cousin, who declared his death and signed his death record, was "Gaston Dussumier-Latour".)

He was apparently born on 9 April (i.e., not August) 1792. (The baptism record is dated "L'an mille sept cent quatre-vingt douze et le dixième avril", and he is said to be "né le neuvième dudit". The parents -- Jean-Pierre Dussumier and Marthe Lydie Olimpe Couturier de Flotte -- are the same as in the death record. Their names are easier to read on the death record, though -- FamilySearch had them completely wrong from the baptism record... ;))

Attachments

• Dussumier-bapteme.jpg
    Dussumier-bapteme.jpg
    866.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back