• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SWAROVSKI UK REPAIR EXPERIENCE? (2 Viewers)

gc220

Hi all,
Has anyone in the UK sent their Bins in to Swarovski for a repair or service? (i'm sure a lot of you have over the years).

Im wondering;
is there an address in the UK we send them to/phone?
& do you have to pay for shipping?
and any other details regarding the experience....

For info:
Ive got an eye cup on EL 10x42s a few years old. One of the eye cups stopped retracting all the way down I unscrewed and removed it to see if just detaching and reattaching would free it and now it wont stay fixed on.....
Anyone else had this?

Thanks all...

October 2020 I tripped on some discarded barbed wire.
Substantial cuts to my legs.
Big hole in my Paramo waterproof jacket (new sleeve installed by Paramo at their factory)

Big dent in the end of the left hand barrel of my 10x42 ELs.
My local optics dealer liaised with Swarovski and sent them to Austria for me. New barrel and new armour installed - £300 - charged to me because it was physical damage (including very well insured postage).
My 10x42 ELs have a 30 year guaranty, although I’m at least 10 years in to that.

In summary, go to your local optics shop - preferably the one where you bought your binoculars. I know mine has a small stock of “accessories” (e.g. eyecups and objective covers) for Swarovski binoculars and ’scopes

Hi all,
Has anyone in the UK sent their Bins in to Swarovski for a repair or service? (i'm sure a lot of you have over the years).

Im wondering;
is there an address in the UK we send them to/phone?
& do you have to pay for shipping?
and any other details regarding the experience....

For info:
Ive got an eye cup on EL 10x42s a few years old. One of the eye cups stopped retracting all the way down I unscrewed and removed it to see if just detaching and reattaching would free it and now it wont stay fixed on.....
Anyone else had this?

Thanks all...
Mike C is right, take your binos to a Swaro dealer, preferably the one you bought them from and explain your problem. If they can't solve it, they will arrange to send them to Austria.

Lee

Thank you to each of you (Mike,Jon,Lee) that answered, I really appreciate it.

As I bought them from Uttings online, I haven't really got the option of taking them back to them.

However after seeing Jon's message, I have seen the address of Swarovski Optik UK , Salfords Surrey.
I might take them down to them then, might be the best bet. Not too far around the M25.

Mike C, Hope your cuts have now healed ok. & sorry you had to pay so much to get the bins repaired....

It is funny, I have been looking at other chats here about the Swarovski warranty and repairs and and it seems that some people get great service and substantial repair work for free and others have to pay for a lot less work...
I was of the understanding when I bought mine about 4 years ago, that you pay the big bucks to buy these but then pretty much any servicing /repair work needed would be painless and free.

Anyway, we will see what they say....
Thanks again guys 👍

£300 for essentially a new pair of binoculars seemed a bargain.
Some scarring remains on my shins but not noticeable to the casual observer - thanks

Thank you to each of you (Mike,Jon,Lee) that answered, I really appreciate it.

As I bought them from Uttings online, I haven't really got the option of taking them back to them.

However after seeing Jon's message, I have seen the address of Swarovski Optik UK , Salfords Surrey.
I might take them down to them then, might be the best bet. Not too far around the M25.

Mike C, Hope your cuts have now healed ok. & sorry you had to pay so much to get the bins repaired....

It is funny, I have been looking at other chats here about the Swarovski warranty and repairs and and it seems that some people get great service and substantial repair work for free and others have to pay for a lot less work...
I was of the understanding when I bought mine about 4 years ago, that you pay the big bucks to buy these but then pretty much any servicing /repair work needed would be painless and free.

Anyway, we will see what they say....
Thanks again guys 👍
If you go to Swarovski at Salfords you have to phone and make an appointment to drop the binoculars off. They are very good!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back