• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

This mornings (March 18,24) raptor migration boil. (2 Viewers)

BryanP

Little known member
Canada
Managed to get a vid of a boil we were fortunate to witness this morning. This was here in Perez Zelodon, Costa Rica.

Mostly Swainson’s Hawks, Broad-winged Hawks and a few Grey Hawks. There were hundreds in total. I even spotted one Black hawk Eagle.
You can hear Clay-coloured Thrush and Yellow-throated Toucans in the background.
I had to reduce the resolution and quality of the video a lot for uploading to the forum, hope it still works.
View attachment boil raptors.mp4

I saw this TED talks on YouTube where the presenter talks about how chickens evolved from Velociprators. I never knew this but is it really true?

I saw this TED talks on YouTube where the presenter talks about how chickens evolved from Velociprators. I never knew this but is it really true?
So you’re saying I saw chickens flying in that raptor boil?😂

Kidding aside my own understanding is the connection is more or less settled science. That Jack Horner TedTalk video is over 12 years old but it’s still has some relevance today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back