• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Three go mad in Uganda June 09 (1 Viewer)

I will probably just concentrate on one park, and the surrounding areas. I reckon it will be Murchison, with trips to Budongo, entebbe, and Mabira forest between Kamapala and Jinja. Based on your experience, do you think this is a wise choice?

Uganda is amazing, good birding in all corners, but as already said, you really can't beat Murchinson - abundance of mammals, numerous birds, mostly very easy to see, many habitats in a relatively small area, quite simply the best single locality in the country if you are not particularly chasing endemics (in which case you would need to head to Albertine Rift hotspots)

Wow, Ads, I've just caught up with the rest of this - had some more time now I'm back at work!:t:

Thanks very much for the hard work put in on this report, great stuff.
I hope to get out there one day.

H

Last edited:
I had not seen this trip report until today when I had a few hours in my office to do private reading.

We really had a wonderful and a successful trip. Ewan was very very lucky. He was the only one that saw the African Green Broad Bill.

It was less expensive because we we stayed in less expensive accommodation but of course with many challenges. In the developing world, budget accommodation is really very basic. Its better you chose mid range at a higher fee but with no regrets.

Thanks Ewan

Nice report, I loved Uganda. I was there 2005/6, had a run in with a Gorilla called Mukare in Bwindi, but the highlight (for me) was Semuliki NP (Lyretail Honeyguide, White-bellied Kingfisher, 5 West African Hornbills etc.....but then I found out what the town of Bundibugyo is famous for.....

enjoyed that report very much, well done. Uganda is on my list of places to go, probably in a couple of years (around 2012 or 2013), but I was aiming for a two month trip because I tend to bumble along on my trips making a hash of things as I go so I need lots of time to find the animals....

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back