• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tiny duck - Warwickshire, England (1 Viewer)

HelenJC

United Kingdom
Apologies for the appalling photos, but any thoughts on this tiny duck (mallards left in for scale) on a park lake in Warwickshire today? A visitor, or an escapee from somewhere? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6232.jpeg
    IMG_6232.jpeg
    902.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6230.jpeg
    IMG_6230.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 61
There is one that size - regular/Eurasian teal. But... is that one it could be...? - that's subjective 😉

Definitely smaller than an Eurasian teal, there are lots of those at our local nature reserve and while smaller than the mallards the size difference is much less striking. Looking at the ringed teal this looks like a perfect match ( photos rubbish but I did get a really good look with my bins🙂)

Definitely smaller than an Eurasian teal, there are lots of those at our local nature reserve and while smaller than the mallards the size difference is much less striking. Looking at the ringed teal this looks like a perfect match ( photos rubbish but I did get a really good look with my bins🙂)
It is a Ringed Teal, Butty is basically saying there are similarly small wild duck species.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back