• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tree Pipit or Meadow Pipit, 28/7 central Sweden? (2 Viewers)

Macswede

Macswede
I think this is a Tree Pipit based on the short-looking hind claws and the warm-coloured flanks but the flank streaking looks fairly pronounced. Am I correct?

Attachments

• 064A9424.jpg
    064A9424.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 064A9428.jpg
    064A9428.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 74
Agreed the hind claw looks shorter than one might expect on Mipit and the head pattern looks better for Tripit.
I think you’re probably correct with your ID even allowing for the flank streaking (which can be variable).

Cheers

Thanks, dwatsonbirder and Ken!
The bird was on wire just outside the garden. We have fields and forest nearby and I've seen both Tree Pipits and Meadow Pipits in the vicinity. Never quite so near the house though.

Thanks, dwatsonbirder and Ken!
The bird was on wire just outside the garden. We have fields and forest nearby and I've seen both Tree Pipits and Meadow Pipits in the vicinity. Never quite so near the house though.
Trips are on the move now Mac, I’ve only had the one bird in 40 years on passage behind my abode.👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back