• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trogon viridis - Ecuadorian Amazon (1 Viewer)

payaminotom

United Kingdom
Hi all, got a few photos to show you all. I have them all down as Trogon viridis (Green-backed Trogon), but I wanted to double check I haven't overlooked anything. These are three different individuals, photos 1 and 2, photo 3, and photos 4 and 5. Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 17.01.29.pngScreenshot 2024-01-09 at 17.02.54.pngScreenshot 2024-01-09 at 17.03.45.pngScreenshot 2024-01-09 at 17.04.17.pngScreenshot 2024-01-09 at 17.05.17.png

Agree for the first one, this is pretty clear. The second bird: what is the color of the eye ring?

The female is the one where I have the most doubt: seems there is some white where the yellow belly meets the brownish breast ... If true it would be Violaceous I think.
Niels

[thanks—not looking at a guide right now]
you challenged me so I looked it up. The undertail pattern is better for T. viridis—compare

with

this does in fact match the old Ridgely illustrations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back