• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Uninstall Google notice? (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Immediately following the receipt of an email notification of a Birdforum alert on my phone, I had a message pop up saying

"Security Threat"

Google appears to be infected. Immediate uninstallation advised.

I presume this must be related to my GMail account on my phone. I've gone into my GMail tab on my computer with no message there.

Is this the result of an odd trigger from the BF alert do you think, or should I uninstall?

Immediately following the receipt of an email notification of a Birdforum alert on my phone, I had a message pop up saying

"Security Threat"

I presume this must be related to my GMail account on my phone. I've gone into my GMail tab on my computer with no message there.

Is this the result of an odd trigger from the BF alert do you think, or should I uninstall?

"Security Threat"

Is it a huawei phone? Seems to be quite a bit online about this issue

Oh! Yes, it is.

I'll go google (small g 😄 ) then. It'll probably be Duckduckgo

Is it a huawei phone? Seems to be quite a bit online about this issue.

Thanks for that Scotty. I've now ignored the warning. Seems to be an issue with Google and Avast, which Huawei use.

Huawei are working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back