• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown bird - Rottne - Växjo - Sweden , recorded July 2022 (1 Viewer)

MickeyNeville

Belgium
I heard this one in the far distance, in a forest in Växjo. It is not easy to hear. The specific sound appears at 2", 8" and 17".

Can someone help me identifying this beautiful sound??

Attachments

• mysterious bird.wav
    3.7 MB
Hello Mickey,

welcome to birdforum!

I can hear what appears to be a Great Spotted Woodpecker and the sound you appearantly asking for.

It might well be a Common Crane, and the shift towards "weirdness" is caused by the device I am hearing it, long distance and some distortion by your recording device. (Or is it some kind of artifical sound?)

Normally I only write that this isnt meant as an offence. But maybe this isnt enough to a new member. But if you look at other posts here on BF you will soon find out that we are a friendly group and any remarks about quality are completly about identification and providing useful/helpful reasoning.

Welcome to Birdforum again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back