• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown song, SW Norway 27th May 2023 (1 Viewer)

Redmist

Supporter
Norway
I am hoping someone can help me out with the call in Clips 1 and 2. This was taken today 27th May 2023 in southern Rogaland, Norway. The clips are quite short and noisy with a lot of wind but hopefully there is enough there for an ID? Habitat was reedbeds at a field edge next to slow moving river. A common sandpiper can be heard in the background but I am talking about the other song. In the area there was also a grasshopper warbler and I heard a sedge warbler that I think is also heard in clip 3? Is clip 1 and 2 just a slightly different sedge warbler song? Running this through Birdnet suggested Woodlark which I am not familiar with, but which seems unlikely based on location and habitat.

Thanks for any suggestions, I appreciate any thoughts on this!

Attachments

• Clip1_27May2023.mp4
    74.9 KB
  • Clip2_27May2023.mp4
    114.6 KB
  • Clip3_Sedge27May2023.mp4
    87.2 KB
They are working for me on a Mac laptop... I can try the files here as mp3 instead.

Attachments

• Clip3_Sedge27May2023.mp3
    78.6 KB
  • Clip2_27May2023.mp3
    103.5 KB
  • Clip1_27May2023.mp3
    67.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back