• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler in Spain (1 Viewer)

lunitis

Hello.

Photo taken today in the province of Alicante.

P1520683.JPG

To me it looks like a P. sibilatrix, but as it would be my first I have doubts. It allowed itself to be seen from relatively close for a long time, but with the branches in the middle, it was not possible to take great pictures. When I lost sight of it I started to hear calls right after, for several minutes, but I couldn't locate it again or confirm if the sound was coming from the same bird (I assumed it was).

The problem is that it doesn't seem to fit P. sibilatrix's call. Merlin said it was a nightingale's call. It is true that they were in the area, but it seemed a lot of coincidence to start hearing the call right after losing sight of the warbler and in the same place. And that call sounds a lot like a warbler kind of call.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back