• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warblers, Pag, Croatia, this week (1 Viewer)

pprsk

A lot of small (juvenile Sylvia?) warblers
1, 2 - the same bird.
Thanks for help

Attachments

• pag1.JPG
    pag1.JPG
    405.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Pag12.JPG
    Pag12.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Pag2.JPG
    Pag2.JPG
    556.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Pag3.JPG
    Pag3.JPG
    456.7 KB · Views: 91
I would say all are Eastern Subalpine Warblers- fairly distinct eye-ring and uniform coloured underside

I would say all are Eastern Subalpine Warblers- fairly distinct eye-ring and uniform coloured underside
Images 1-2 , imo look more like Sardinian Warblers, darkish legs, grey bill…perhaps race melanocephala.

Cheers

Would have thought that Sardinian would show a more pronounced eye-ring and a more contrasting whitish throat? But my experience with juveniles of Sardinian or Subalpine Warbler is limited. What do others say?

Would have thought that Sardinian would show a more pronounced eye-ring and a more contrasting whitish throat? But my experience with juveniles of Sardinian or Subalpine Warbler is limited. What do others say?
I have no experience of juv.Subalpine, however some exp.of juv.Sardinian on Cyprus in April, which are not unlike the first two images, looking perhaps a little dusky, always imagine Subalpine as being a lot cleaner looking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back