• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What bird calling? (1 Viewer)

It's the song of a Carolina Wren, I think.
wow thank you, I never would have thought that, I only know them by 1 call, I was checking out warbler & sparrow calls on nature instruct-Dendroica. Listened to the carolina wren calls, Now to learn all their variations

eiguoc, please wait for a NA birder to confirm, I just remembered the song from a previous thread and samples on xeno-canto sound a bit lower pitched.

North American birder here. ;) It is a Common Yellowthroat.

To me Carolina Wren sounds like teacher-teacher-teacher, while Common Yellowthroat sounds like witchity-witchity-witchity.

North American birder here. ;) It is a Common Yellowthroat.

To me Carolina Wren sounds like teacher-teacher-teacher, while Common Yellowthroat sounds like witchity-witchity-witchity.
Better ear than what I got. I had to shut my eyes, turn up sound & listen to my call & one I found like my on that nature instruct. Finally, clued in , that is it. Last time I seen one was 2019. Thanks so much , I know I saw somehting yellow flying in the leaves

Last edited:
I was back at Lynde shores again yesterday, heard the same bird. Couldn't see it, hubby found it with binocs. Couldn't see with naked eye, I had to use digi zoom to get the common yellow throat warbler, so happy

Attachments

• 17241 July 29 common yellowthroat warbler LS.JPG
    17241 July 29 common yellowthroat warbler LS.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 17242.JPG
    17242.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 8
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back