• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which binoculars to buy? (1 Viewer)

Joove

United Kingdom
Hoping for some advice on a first pair of binoculars! I haven't got much idea what I'm looking for, but I've read up on the reviews and advice I can find online. I've narrowed it down to 3 pairs that suit my price range. Opticron Oregon 4 PC 8x42 Oasis, Viking Badger 8x42, or Hawke Nature Trek 8x42. I live beside the Torridge estuary so will use for wildlife watching, but also take on walks! I'm drawn to the Opticron as I've found a good price at £119; but know that sometimes you pay for a name, and so maybe the sub £100 Viking are just as good but more reasonably priced! Any experience of these or advice very much appreciated!

You will get many opinions ....

I would recommend these as I have compared to many low cost bins :

In the price range you are considering, IMHO these are a couple of rungs above (~£200-£300) the entry level options.

Remember, many on BF are happy to pay up to £3000, so you getting a balanced opinion is not that straight forward, hence Neil's review could be valuable in your decision making.

You will get many opinions ....

I would recommend these as I have compared to many low cost bins :

In the price range you are considering, IMHO these are a couple of rungs above (~£200-£300) the entry level options.

Remember, many on BF are happy to pay up to £3000, so you getting a balanced opinion is not that straight forward, hence Neil's review could be valuable in your decision making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back