• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Your favorite neck strap? (1 Viewer)

Stino

United States
Hi,
I am looking for a new neck strap for my binoculars. The binoculars weigh about 800 grams (28oz). I like to wear my binoculars fairly high on my chest and I am not interested in a harness. What is your favorite neck strap?
Thanks?

A contoured neoprene Niggeloh (Vero Vellini in your part of the world). They are allegedly suppliers to Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss.
Mine (radically shortened) is very comfortable with an 8x56 SLC. I disliked the ultra-wide and complicated contraption which came with the binocular.

John

Last edited:
You might look at the straps from Op/Tech. It is a modular system, so you can connect/disconnect your binos into numerous types of carriers/harnesses/straps. Not expensive either.

My favorite neck strap is this vintage leather camera strap, significantly shortened for binocular use. I have another identical strap on another pair of bins. I’ve had these straps since the 70’s, originally for my cameras.

Attachments

• B442DC7E-5A5D-4E38-904D-211ED73E85E2.jpeg
    B442DC7E-5A5D-4E38-904D-211ED73E85E2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 27
A contoured neoprene Niggeloh (Vero Venelli in your part of the world). They are allegedly suppliers to Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss.
Mine (radically shortened) is very comfortable with an 8x56 SLC.
Yes. The contoured Niggeloh/VeroVellini (there's also a plain straight one) is essentially identical to the current Leica OEM strap, which is my favorite for larger bins and worn on my own SLC 56s. It's not overly wide, has just the right subtle shape to sit on the shoulders instead of around the neck, and the neoprene can stretch a bit. (Unfortunately the more widely available Leica strap with the big red dot has some material sewn in that doesn't stretch.) On 32mm bins I use the classic Nikon AN-4B nylon strap. For 42s (presumably) at 28 oz I'd probably choose neoprene.

Hi,
I am looking for a new neck strap for my binoculars. The binoculars weigh about 800 grams (28oz). I like to wear my binoculars fairly high on my chest and I am not interested in a harness. What is your favorite neck strap?
Thanks?
Maven’s binocular straps. Very good quality. Nice/wide and comfortable with their clip and release system. You have the option of purchasing and adding their longer extension for over the shoulder carry. They are reasonably priced also.

I like the Swarovski strap because the length can be adjusted quickly and easily and it is comfortable, but not bulky. Negative is the price. But, it came with my binos, and I do like it.

I love the standard Zeiss neckstrap simply because it is tailored to sit flat on your shoulders around the base of your neck without actually hanging from the back of your neck. I find this so much more comfortable than straps that sit vertically against the back of my neck.

Lee

I've had the best luck with the Rick Young Outdoors strap/harness. It can be moved and adjusted to fit multiple forms (e.g. regular neck strap, bandolier, harness), and is incredibly light/comfortable. I use it on all of my binoculars.

My wild guess, completely unsupported by any knowledge at all, is that Arthur was born British.

What he is now, I have no clue.

Is that a strap with "Nikon" printed in large yellow letters? I thought it was naff and that it invited unwanted attention.
Oh no. It's just a plain nylon strap with a bit of grippy material sewn onto the neck/shoulder area, no padding, clips, logo etc -- nice and simple for gear that's not too heavy, takes no extra space in a daypack.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back