• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your favourite books of 2023 (1 Viewer)

Melanie

Germany
This year I bought 23 books. There were a few more on my wish list (e.g. Takahe - Bird of Dreams, Reptiles de Macaronesia, Strahan's Mammals of Australia, and Birds of China), but due to delivery problems (especially with Amazon), I'll have to wait until next year to get the books. Here's a list of ten new interesting releases (publication date 2022 or 2023) that I purchased this year:

The New Natural History of Madagascar (2 Volumes) by Stephen M. Goodman
Ancient Sea Reptiles Plesiosaurs, Ichthyosaurs, Mosasaurs & More by Darren Naish
Life on Our Planet by Tom Fletcher (companion book to the eponymous Netflix documentary)
Eponym Dictionary of Fishes by Bo Beolens, Michael Grayson, and Michael Watkins
Quetzals - Icons of the Cloudforest by Alan F. Poole
Mammals of the South-West Pacific by Tyronne Lavery and Tim F. Flannery
Prehistoric Australasia by John A. Long, Trevor H. Worthy, Suzanne Hand and Michael Archer
All the Mammals of the World (Lynx Edicions)
Thylacine: History, Ecology, Loss of the Tasmanian Tiger by Branden Holmes and Gareth Linnard
Ocean Life in the Time of Dinosaurs by Stéphane Jouve, Nathalie Bardet, Alexandra Houssaye, and Peggy Vincent

Christmas is saved. Amazon's Santa Clause was kind to me and so I received my copy of the book Strahan's Mammals of Australia before Christmas. I am very happy because this was my most anticipated book this year.

I unfortunately lose track too quickly of when books are published or received 🥹

I (sadly) can’t think of a natural history book of note that I received this year though several in 21/22. But it’s not the end of the world, I buy many books but certainly less than many here. And I have discovered some lovely unexpected works in the general literature this year realm which are also welcome to me.

This year I bought 23 books. There were a few more on my wish list (e.g. Takahe - Bird of Dreams, Reptiles de Macaronesia, Strahan's Mammals of Australia, and Birds of China), but due to delivery problems (especially with Amazon), I'll have to wait until next year to get the books. Here's a list of ten new interesting releases (publication date 2022 or 2023) that I purchased this year:

The New Natural History of Madagascar (2 Volumes) by Stephen M. Goodman
Ancient Sea Reptiles Plesiosaurs, Ichthyosaurs, Mosasaurs & More by Darren Naish
Life on Our Planet by Tom Fletcher (companion book to the eponymous Netflix documentary)
Eponym Dictionary of Fishes by Bo Beolens, Michael Grayson, and Michael Watkins
Quetzals - Icons of the Cloudforest by Alan F. Poole
Mammals of the South-West Pacific by Tyronne Lavery and Tim F. Flannery
Prehistoric Australasia by John A. Long, Trevor H. Worthy, Suzanne Hand and Michael Archer
All the Mammals of the World (Lynx Edicions)
Thylacine: History, Ecology, Loss of the Tasmanian Tiger by Branden Holmes and Gareth Linnard
Ocean Life in the Time of Dinosaurs by Stéphane Jouve, Nathalie Bardet, Alexandra Houssaye, and Peggy Vincent Super Mario
That's a fantastic list of books!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back