• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Filter for Nikon Teleconverter (1 Viewer)

davidfree

David Free
I just bought a 3x teleconverter for my Nikon 4500 to use in situations where digisicoping gives too much magnification. Does anone have thoughts on the type of filter to fit? I am mostly concerned to protect the lens.
Thanks in advance
David

It's a bit of a whopper to fit a filter on. If I recall it doesn't have a filter thread and the front element protrudes a good bit.

When I had mine I had to make do with just using the lens cover.

availability

davidfree said:
I just bought a 3x teleconverter for my Nikon 4500 to use in situations where digisicoping gives too much magnification. Does anone have thoughts on the type of filter to fit? I am mostly concerned to protect the lens.
Thanks in advance
David
I recently looked for the 3x converter on the web and all sites said it is no longer available--does this just apply to the UK or have I missed something?

Graham
There is at least 3 going on e-bay at the moment or warehouse express are advertising them for £219 use the link above and go to digital camera accessories by make Nikon. I brought mine of e-bay you should get a second hand one for at least half the price

davidfree said:

All filters are not created equal and it is difficult to know which is actually optically better. You might want to do some side-by-side tests after you get your filter to make sure you are happy with the results and that the filter is not making any significant difference in image quality. It will probably be fine, but good to check just in case. The TC-E3ED is quite sharp.

I don't use a filter and simply rely upon the lens cap.

graham catley said:
I recently looked for the 3x converter on the web and all sites said it is no longer available--does this just apply to the UK or have I missed something?

Graham, I bought mine in Singapore in May. Sorry, I can't help with availablity elsewhere.
David

condensation in 3X converter

I've just had my 3x converter replaced following a burglary and on first 2 outings, condensation has formed inside the new one when exposed to the sun. It's under warranty, but has anyone had similar experiences?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back