• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Osprey Photographs (1 Viewer)

Nickhyena

Hi, I have been trying my hand at some bird in flight photos again, but this time the subject is an osprey. I was pleased to get a shot of an underside shot but wanted to get a shot of the bird flying at me front on. I got one but cut the very tip of the wing off. Have I ruined it?

Also, please find attached 4 images of an osprey on a post from different angles and position of the head. Which do you think is the best of the 4 and how should I go about cropping them? I thought perhaps portrait instead of landscape?

P.S. All the shots are of a wild osprey taken from a boat in the Florida Keys a few weeks ago. What a stunning bird.

Attachments

• Osprey.jpg
    Osprey.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Osprey1.jpg
    Osprey1.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 264
  • OSPOST1.jpg
    OSPOST1.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 209
  • OSPOST2.jpg
    OSPOST2.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 205
Personally, I prefer OSPOST3 (side on with head turned) because the background (bokeh) is better. Don't overcrop it as the palm trees are an important part of the picture.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back