• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Adapter (1 Viewer)

Robert L Jarvis

Robert L Jarvis
Has anyone come across the Zeiss adapter and can provide information on using it. It seems it may be very good for using a DSLR for digiscoping. I have seen it on the Zeiss homepage but have not located any dealers who stock it. Does any one know what it costs.

Robert L Jarvis said:
Has anyone come across the Zeiss adapter and can provide information on using it. It seems it may be very good for using a DSLR for digiscoping. I have seen it on the Zeiss homepage but have not located any dealers who stock it. Does any one know what it costs.

I use a Zeiss quick adaptor and for me it works very well. I use it with a 300D and Swaro ST80HD with the addition of a sliding plate to get the scope to fit. The old swaro is a bit too long but then if it fits that it'll take most things you can chuck at it. It has two positions for straight and angled and the bar at the back will extend quite a way out. The adaptor base fits to the tripod and the arm swings around to six fixed points, if my brain and maths is still working at 60 degrees. The arm will go all the way round 360 unless the scope or tripod gets in the way. It isn't a light weight but is well made, and it isn't cheap most places I've seen it, it's about £210 - £230. I've attached a photo I put on a different thread, most of the extra metalwork at the bottom is not needed if your scope fits straight on the adaptor. Because I have the sliding plate on the scope I wanted to be able to fit the scope to the tripod and this was the easiest way of doing it.

Attachments

• digiRebel.jpg
    digiRebel.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 229
Thanks Keith for putting me onto that review which was very good. I will have to get down to Comberbach to have a look and try it with my scope and camera. You can't beat actually having it in your hand to assess a piece of equipment. I have always been concerned about the stress on the lens neck with tube adapters and anyway always wanted to use my 300D. One point in the review which is overcome by the 300D is that the remote shutter release is electronic.

Mick's review has gained a lot of converts for that adaptor - I'm going to have one myself as a result of the review and the threads on here discussing it.

I must admit though, I'd like to see it "in the flesh", so to speak...

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back