• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Birdwatcher's Guide to Portugal - new edition (1 Viewer)

Gonçalo Elias

avesdeportugal.info
Portugal
A Birdwatchers' Guide to Portugal - new edition

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that the second edition of A Birdwatchers' Guide to Portugal is about to come out - it should be available next month.

This is an enlargement of the first edition, published in 1997. Not only has all the information been carefully reviewed and updated but several new sites have been included for mainland Portugal (44 birding sites are now described). The scope of A Birdwatchers' Guide To Portugal has been significantly enlarged to include the Azores archipelago with all its rarity hotspots (not dealt with in the first edition). The section about Madeira has been thoroughly reviewed. This is now the first and only birdwatching guide to cover all of Portugal's territory.

Best regards,
Gonçalo

Last edited:
Hi all,

The cover page is already available (pls see attached file).

The new edition is expected to come out in late January.

Attachments

• capa portugal 2ed-b.JPG
    capa portugal 2ed-b.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 98
Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that the second edition of A Birdwatchers' Guide to Portugal is about to come out - it should be available next month.

This is an enlargement of the first edition, published in 1997. Not only has all the information been carefully reviewed and updated but several new sites have been included for mainland Portugal (44 birding sites are now described). The scope of A Birdwatchers' Guide To Portugal has been significantly enlarged to include the Azores archipelago with all its rarity hotspots (not dealt with in the first edition). The section about Madeira has been thoroughly reviewed. This is now the first and only birdwatching guide to cover all of Portugal's territory.

Best regards,
Gonçalo

Just ordered it Gonçalo!

Thanks,

Bert

Next Thursday, March 6th, at 11 a.m. a short presentation of this book will take place at the "A Rocha" centre, Cruzinha (Alvor estuary).

Thanks for posting the video - I couldn't make it to Cruzinha as I had commitments in Sagres, so great to be able to see it.

That cover photo of Little Bustard at the "height" of display is fabulous!

Last edited:
Got my copy in the post today. Looks really detailed on a first glance, will def be using on my next visit to Portugal in the summer!

Looking forward to my copy arriving tomorrow. Off for a week in Madeira in June; a new destination for me.
regards,
Jono

Book arrived. Excellent, Goncalo. Now looking forward to my trip to Madeira in June and then, hopefully, The Algarve in September.
Cheers,
Jono

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back