• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Say Hello (1 Viewer)

creavey

Hello from the island of Islay which is very cold, very windy, threatening to rain and getting dark. However, as there are about 1,000 Barnacle geese above the house right now, I guess one should look on the bright side of life....

Cheers

Hi

Welcome to Bird Forum! I think I can say with confidence that you are our first member on the island!

You must tell us more about the conditions there, and the birds that you see. It sounds fascinating.

Hi creavey.

Welcome to bird forum. There is something here for every level of bird interest.

As you may expect, some members are expert photographers and have exemplary knowledge of birds.

Then again, there are members like me, who don't take photographs (yet) and who's knowledge is only fair if that!

Look forward to your posts from that beautiful part of the world.

Last edited:
Hi Carl,

Welcome from one new member to another. I've never been to Islay but plan to someday, birding by day and sampling your Isle's finest export by night.

Paul

Welcome to an Islay resident, I suppose you must see some fantastic birds when you sampled your own finest malts?

Hello and thanks to all. Just back from a local hotel which I am responsible for until Wednesday of this week. A Bruichladdich or two has indeed passed my way, but you will have to forgive me, I have an excuse after all, it's too dark for birding - and too windy fore the Barn owls......

Hi Carl,

Welcome to Bird forum :t:

I hope that you enjoy the site, it may help to while away those dark and windy nights up on Islay ;)

See you around.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back