• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ian Kerr of Scotland (1 Viewer)

Astrokev

Hi All,

Please could anyone offer their views of buying lenses from Ian Kerr. His prices seem very competitive, but I have no knowledge of how he does business.
(Please forgive me if you're on the forum Ian)....

Does he have an outlet, or is he a one man show dealing only over the web?
How does one order from him?
Is he easy to contact (especially if things go wrong)?
Should I be worried about buying from him?
If my lenses don't arrive, will I see my money again !!!!
Has anyone had any bad (or good) experiences of buying from him?

Regards
Kevin

Kevin,

Ian (Kerso) has a great following especially on POTN. I have purchased from him - no probs. I have yet to hear a bad word about him.
If (when) i come into money for a 400mm f5.6L Ian Kerr will be my first point of call.

Check his feedback on POTN and ebay.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rob

Ian is a member here. He also has an ebay shop, where his feedback speaks for itself and represents the many positive comments on various photo forums.
Other than one or delivery delays (certainly not the norm, nor particularly negative), never heard a bad word about him.

cheers,
Andy

Andy Bright said:
Ian is a member here. He also has an ebay shop, where his feedback speaks for itself and represents the many positive comments on various photo forums.
Other than one or delivery delays (certainly not the norm, nor particularly negative), never heard a bad word about him.

cheers,
Andy

Thanks guys for the feedback. Sounds like he's got a good following and good reputation. Being new to these forums I 'm ashamed to say I'd not heard of Ian, hence my questions! When considering spending several hundred pounds I hope you can understand my reason for asking.
And again, Ian, if you see this, please don't think too bad of me! Sounds like I'll be doing some business with you!

Got my 400 5.6L from Ian Kerr over a year ago excellent price if you contact him direct his prices are lower than on ebay.

Astrokev said:
Thanks guys for the feedback. Sounds like he's got a good following and good reputation. Being new to these forums I 'm ashamed to say I'd not heard of Ian, hence my questions! When considering spending several hundred pounds I hope you can understand my reason for asking.
And again, Ian, if you see this, please don't think too bad of me! Sounds like I'll be doing some business with you!

Always worth double checking when dealing on-line! Also shows the value of sites like this where we can all share experiences, good and bad.

Edit - should add I too bought a 400mm f5.6 from him, seem to be his speciality - cheap (well, cheaper than elsewhere) and quick (I struggled to find anywhere else with any available without a lengthy wait).

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back