• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with nikon coolpix L12 and ES 80 GA ED/45 (1 Viewer)

del69

expat in BG
Hi all.

Iv just been trying the Nikon coolpix L12 with the ES 80 GA ED/45 with HDF T Zoom lens 40862. And im really getting some bad shots,to bad to post.
Is there anybody using this set up or have done in the past to give me some advise with the setting of the coolpix,the distance of the camera lens to the scope lens.
To hold the coolpix im using the universal digital camera adapter,very fiddly to set up.

Or should i purchase a better camera if so which one?

Please any advise is welcome but be gentle.

Ok maybe the lack of help is maybe due to the fact that im using the coolpix L12. Not the best camera in the world but i have to make do for now.

Well the universal digital camera adapter is now back in its box (way to fiddly)and with the lack of input, i made my own adapter with odd bits bits of plastic tubing and it works a treat, no more scaffolding to hold the camera in place.Now its 5 seconds to fit both adapter/camera to the scope rather than 10 mins.

So the coolpix L12 is not really ideal, has anybody used the Nikon P5000 with the scope im using and are you happy with the results your getting?

del

This is one of my best pictures with the above setup taken today.

Come on people,some of you must be using this setup ES 80 GA ED/45 with HDF T Zoom lens 40862 but what camera are you using?,maybe the Nikon p5000? if so what results are you getting?

Osprey with attitude.

Attachments

• DSCN0800_filtereda.jpg
    DSCN0800_filtereda.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 143
What about posting this in the Digiscoping cameras Forum? Should get more replys. I meant A Brights digiscoping forum.

Nev

I use the ES 80 GA ED , sometimes with the Nikon P5000 and sometimes with a Samsung I6. I find the main problem is which eyepiece I use. I haven't found a good adapter to use with the SDL eyepiece so quite often if I know I 'm birding with a view to get pictures I'll use my 32x HDF eyepiece with the Opticron adapter. This is an excellent setup and so easy to use unlike the SDL adapter .
The Red Backed Shrike was taken using the SDL with the Nikon P5000 the Tawny Owl with the 32x HDF and the Samsung I6.

Attachments

• rbs-rainham3b.jpg
    rbs-rainham3b.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 142
  • adult3a.jpg
    adult3a.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 146
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back