• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So how is your 2007 list going? (1 Viewer)

Going through a lean spell but some quality yesterday....

237 Chough 5/8 (no Black Stork though!!)
238 Sharp-tailed Sandpiper 11/8
239 Squacco Heron 11/8

Steve

I was constantly looking at my pager yesterday at both of those last two but I promised to be at a meet yesterday so I was hoping the Sharp-tailed would still be there and if so i was going to ring you but I see you would have gripped me off anyway.:-O

John

While checking out a gathering of shorebirds (waders) on a mosit soil unit up at Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge today, I added another bird to my 2007 Missouri State List.

241. Buff-breasted Sandpiper

*Other shorebirds "in the mix" seen today: Killdeer, Solitary Sandpiper, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Semipalmated, Least, Baird's, Pectoral and Stilt Sandpipers.

Three days not doing much birding while at the Birdfair...

240 Whinchat

Same bird was 167 for my county year list and 600 for my world year list.

Steve

A quality self-found bird at Rutland Water yesterday...

241 Sabine's Gull

with Arctic Skua and Shag as well my county year list is up to 170.

Steve

This morning while birding Bluff Woods Conservation Area I added a bird to my Missouri Year List.

243. Olive-sided Flycatcher

A little later at Lake Contrary while viewing the various shorebirds (waders) which were present, I spotted a different looking gull. After studing it for a couple of hours I came to the conclusion that it was a juvenile California Gull. I called a couple of other birders to come an see what they thought. The consensus was that it was a California Gull.

244. California Gull

Here are a couple of photos I took of the bird.

EDIT: I left the post as is but the bird # 244 above is believed by most to be a juvenile Ring-billed Gull. So, I need to delete this from my Missouri Life List and my Missouri Year 2007 List.

Attachments

• CAGU #10.jpg
    CAGU #10.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 127
  • CAGU #9.jpg
    CAGU #9.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Perhaps a sign of how little UK birding I have done this year, a trip to Norfolk added 5 year birds.

1001 Little Tern
1002 Whinchat
1003 Greenish Warbler
1004 Ruff
1005 Common Eider

In the middle of the summer doldrums--it's been two weeks since I've seen a new bird for the year. Maybe things are starting to change as there are a lot of shorebirds coming into the area now, including my most recent addition to my Year List (number 645) and Indiana state life list (number 278).

645. Piping Plover

In addition to the plover, I added Osprey to my Indiana state year list, which is now up to 211.

Dave

Missouri Year List

244. Wilson's Warbler, Lake Contrary, Saint Joseph, August 24.
245. Least Tern, Lake Contrary, Saint Joseph, August 27.

247. Magnolia Warbler, Missouri Western State University Campus, Saint Joseph, Missouri, August 30, 2007

248. American Avocet, seven individuals flying over Lake Contrary, Saint Joseph, Missouri, August 30, 2007

Cornwall, Devon and a six day Pelagic Cruise yielded me eight year ticks.

243. Wood Sandpiper
244. Buff-breasted Sandpiper (Lifer)
245. Sooty Shearwater
246. Sabine's Gull
247. Storm Petrel
248. Wilson's Petrel
249. Great Shearwater
250. Cirl Bunting

John

249. Ovenbird, Missouri Western State University Campus, Saint Joseph, Missouri, August 31, 2007.

250. Black-bellied Plover, Lake Contrary, Saint Joseph, Missouri, August 31, 2007.

I haven't posted here for a while, between a move, an overseas trip, and converting my bird sightings from my own access database to Birder's Diary, I wasn't sure where I stood. Just finished inputting the last of my sightings and now have my totals. Last three year birds were Cave Swallow, Neotropic Cormorant, and White-tailed Kite in Brazoria, Texas last weekend. New totals for 2007 year are:
ABA # 262
World # 501

Getting ready for fall migration here on the Texas Upper Gulf Coast....

Down for the UP and back to RW.....

242 Nightjar
243 Cirl Bunting
244 Dartford Warbler
245 Storm Petrel (just European)
246 Red-crested Pochard

World now 609, WP 351.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back