• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How's Your 2023 List Going? (1 Viewer)

Ended July with 276, up from 268...
And with 1 new lifer, to 932..

August 1
Picked up a few more today at Killary Harbour along the majestic Irish west coast.

Killary Harbour, Leenane, Connemara, Ireland

269. Eurasian Curlew (+)
270. Dunlin (+)
271. Little Egret

August 6

Went birding in Virginia after dropping off my son at a nearby event. The year birds are getting increasingly harder to accumulate...

Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, Vienna, Virginia, USA

272. Purple Martin

August 22-24

Spent a few days in Denver and Boulder, and saw 25 species, including a lifer in the Cordilleran Flycatcher.

Denver, Colorado, USA

273. Western Wood-Pewee (+)
274. Black-billed Magpie (+)
275. Black-capped Chickadee

University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, Colorado, USA

276. Cordilleran Flycatcher

Latest lifer: #932 - Cordilleran Flycatcher (University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, Colorado, USA)

Some minor targets/chases and leading a walk yesterday for Pasadena Audubon as fall songbird migration begins to pickup:
289. Red-breasted Nuthatch
290. Califronia Gnatcatcher
291. Swainson's Thrush
292. Canada Warbler (CA lifer)
293. Vaux's Swift
294. Nashville Warbler
295. Black-throated Gray Warbler

Last edited:
Having got my eBird records up to date this evening, my latest yeartick was from the ferry between St Kilda & Leverburgh, Western isles, Scotland on 18th September:-

1611 - Leach's Storm-petrel

All the best

Paul

Two difficult fall migrants this morning. I have a very small window in which to see the warbler, and if I didn’t get it this weekend I likely would have missed it for the year.

568. Connecticut Warbler
569. Philadelphia Vireo

Dave

Technically not a year bird because I saw one in Argentina last month, but today I twitched the second record of Limpkin for West Virginia. So it is new for my state year and life lists.

The bird was discovered about a week ago, but for various reasons I couldn’t go look for it until today. Very distant views, but good enough.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back