• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help (1 Viewer)

Ian Hardy

Can anyone either explain how the 1.6 crop works on this combo 7D MK 11 2 x Extender series 111 and Canon 300mm f 2.8 lens

Thanks

You will have a 600mm F5.6 lens with a field of view (1.6 crop factor) of 840mm.
I often use this combination on my 1DX and it can work very well. It is best to stop down to about F8 and you need reasonable quality light.

You will have a 600mm F5.6 lens with a field of view (1.6 crop factor) of 840mm.
I often use this combination on my 1DX and it can work very well. It is best to stop down to about F8 and you need reasonable quality light.

WHS ^^^ and for decent results you may also need to optimise the AF-MA settings for this combination. I'm still seeking out the best settings for my 7D II, EF 500 F4L IS, and the Canon 2x Mark III extender.
(I've had the 2x Mark II extender for years, and decided to try the Mark III in the hope that the results would be better. Sometimes they're good, and sometimes they're not - but I think I'm getting there. At least the AF-MA trials have had me down at the local pond a few times...)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back