• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Learning to fly-A dove practicing- QTVideo (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
I think we are looking at juvenile doves here. If there were just one odd colored dove out there I would say it was just an unusual individual but I am seeing more and more of these doves that are a different color- There are three on this video. They are more camouflaged- with streaked breasts and their feet are not pink but kind of gray. And they just look younger. In this video I think a juvenile is practicing flying- kind of getting the feel of the wings- looks like it to me. What do you think?

This video is only three minutes long but somehow with the new quicktime the three minute video is now 8mb rather than 6mb. Don't ask me. I don't know why at all. If they are too long for folks to download, I can make them shorter. Also, you may have to download this to your computer and watch it there rather than play it from the web. This new QT7 is quite a bit different than the old one- I am still trying to figure it out.

iMovie

Great stuff, Alan... I was wondering where you disappeared to! :)

This video opened for me with no problem at all. It opened quickly before it was even 1/4 downloaded. So far so good.

Can't help you with the doves. I've never seen a baby one before so I'm not sure what they look like but it looks to me like you're on the right track. Don't know what else it could be doing!

I love the sound the cardinals were making. They are just so gorgeous. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back