• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Who's Raiding YOUR Feeder? (1 Viewer)

Chickadeedeedee

:hi: Hi everyone.

Someone sent me this series of photographs. Think your feeder has problems?

bear1.jpg

bear2.jpg

bear3.jpg

bear4.jpg

What more to say than YIKES!!!

What wonderful photos and I thought England had problems with Squirrels. My dog might think twice about chasing that one out of the garden

Wow Lydia...isn't he a beauty!!!:eek!:

A wonderful set of photo's:clap: :clap:

Thanks for sharing that amazing feat:flowers:

Hehee so much for Mr Ranger telling you to hang your grub in the tree so the Black Bears won't get it....Mrs Bear has shown them it's no use, they get it anyway...
Wonderful photo's Lydia :clap: :clap:

I wonder what strength line the people use to hang their feeder! The second photo looks like it is getting chewed on. No. Thankfully this is NOT our backyard. I have no idea where the shots were taken either.

I won't complain about a squirrel or raccoon emptying my feeders ever again!

Lydia

Hi Lydia,

What a posting with a difference that is! At first I thought it was a superimposed sequence, but I really don't think so now. You have to give him 10 out of 10 for perseverance and for the cheek alone, but......no fear of heights either??!!!

Thanks for that Lydia, totally fascinating.

Sue.

that is mad im glad my bigest problem is a rat at the moment. How on earth do you discourage a big beast like that.

I don't know if one can discourage someone like that. Just like what would you do with these guys when they show up in your yard:

SaskatchewanHomeSecurity.jpg

Picture from another e mail. :brains: LOL!

Hi Lydia.
What a fantastic set of pics. the agility of the creature is amazing. I don't think I could ' bear ' it in my garden. I know, " kindly leave the stage. " LOL!!

All the best.
Baz.

Oh wow! Lydia - fantastic pics. I suppose they are scary creatures, but I would love to have a bear in my garden. Makes our squirrels seem very boring.

Hi Lydia (and folks)

Nah, I don't think so. It's one of those things that's amusing the first time (or maybe the first 3 times) but after that..........

I'll stick with my Squirrel.

As you say Lydia, that must be one h... of a clothes-line.

Bill.

Poo(h)r Bear
After a quick bit of research (courtesy of the LA Times) it turns out this bear was only 2 years old at the time. He only managed to knock out a few nuts by swinging his back paws against the feeder. The little fella had to climb back down the rope and the tree and fell the last 2 feet suffering from exhaustion...Poor Little guy probably didn't try this again..

Poo(h)r Bear
After a quick bit of research (courtesy of the LA Times) it turns out this bear was only 2 years old at the time. He only managed to knock out a few nuts by swinging his back paws against the feeder. The little fella had to climb back down the rope and the tree and fell the last 2 feet suffering from exhaustion...Poor Little guy probably didn't try this again..

He probably just knocked on the back door instead! It is more polite to ask.

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! .....LOL! I'll stick with squirrels, raccoons, opossums thanks.

He probably just knocked on the back door instead! It is more polite to ask.

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! .....LOL! I'll stick with squirrels, raccoons, opossums thanks.

Considering Black Bear sightings are on the rise in the Buckeye State I'd keep checking the trash can with a very long pole.......:eek!:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back