• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Who's Raiding YOUR Feeder? (1 Viewer)

Hi Lydia and all,

If that's a washing line they must make them pretty strong in that part of the world. Pretty clever bear too. If he/she had a chum to stand with a collection tin they would make enough to retire from tightrope hanging and be able to go to the shops like everyone else. Lovely pics.

Roy

Eek!! lol!

Aw, sorry Ray, I fort you were teasing Lydia.

In that case Lydia, all I can say is RUNNNN!!!!!

No No Pie, it's goes somthing like this on the posters from memory..|8.| Stand tall, wave your hands in the air and shout at the top of your voice, if it charges, lay down tuck your head in your arms and play dead, or was that for a Mountain Lion? Oh and if walking out with your dog put a bell on it's collar so the animals have a chance to move out of your way. Somehow it feels better to know the only thing that's going to chase you in Ireland is a Cow, or the Farmer!!:D

Difficult to run or wave your arms (in case you have not been spotted so the bear, mountain lion, insert predator of your choice here (X) ), when you are in a dead faint!

I'll play it safe and battle the Hummingbirds when they come to visit. That's about all the excitement I can match. Oh! Maybe Bill could call it at ringside? He's got the experience already!

boneless Lydia

No No Pie, it's goes somthing like this on the posters from memory..|8.| Stand tall, wave your hands in the air and shout at the top of your voice, if it charges, lay down tuck your head in your arms and play dead, or was that for a Mountain Lion? Oh and if walking out with your dog put a bell on it's collar so the animals have a chance to move out of your way. Somehow it feels better to know the only thing that's going to chase you in Ireland is a Cow, or the Farmer!!:D

Or a Bogle! (or is that Scotland?). Ah, it's a Leprechaun.

Bill

? Sorry?

What's a Bogle? Is that in the feeders too? LOL!

Probably like a Leprechaun in that the feeder should be a bottle of the best single malt.......8-P 8-P, even I'll have a go at that one..

Bogle is an old Scots Name for the Daoinhe Maithe (the good people) or fairies, they would also be known by Daoine Sidhe (Fairy people or Fiary folk). Some say they are of the Tuatha De Danann, a group of mythological Celtic people (Scots and Irish)...Not sure if they climbed ropes to get at feeders though LOL!

Last edited:
Going completly off the subject another piece of information I noticed...
The Gaelic word for people is very similar to the word used by the Navajo
for 'people'. Gaelic is Daoine (Denne) Navajo is Dinah (Diná)....Small world.|:d|

It is a small world! The term for Mom or Mamma is universally *very* similar.

Even smaller world ~~~> This mornings local news report on the television said there was a mountain lion sighting about 50 miles south east of, uh, ~gulp~

ME!​

Grab your camera and away your go.. Just remember they are very good at coming back around onto your trail, when you think you are still stalking them..:eek!:
Having said that there's only ~53 recorded attacks on humans in the last 100 years. I think the poor Cougar has more to fear from Man then we do from him..

I've just caught up with this Lydia, and whatever I was expecting from the title, it certainly wasn't this chap!! Wow! |8.| Just like a squirrel's antics too.
I like the other fellas as well, especially the one lounging around in the front garden. Oh this is great stuff - I love it - from a distance of course!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back