• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 300 f4 afs and 1.4 tc (1 Viewer)

I've recently acquired the 300 f4 plus 1.4 converter. I'm looking for the ideal carrying solution. What way do users carry their set up around. I was thinking of maybe a toploader type bag or do people just use the strap attached to the camera.

cheers Gerard.

Hi Gerard,
I use a Tamrac velocity 9x- it takes my D7000,300 +1.4 and flashgun + one more lens,an excellent over the shoulder solution.
Cheers,
Mark

While the 300 f/4 would probably be okay hanging off the front of the camera, I feel better using a Black Rapid strap with a quick release. In my case I mounted a RRS Quick Release on my Black Rapid strap and it handles all of my long lenses or an extra camera body. I've even used it with a spotting scope.

I've ordered two of the blackrapid connectors. One for the manfrotto plate to connect to the tripod foot and another for the camera. I will connect a padded strap I had been using on the siggy 150-500 to these connectors and I think I have my solution. All I need now is to shake off this man flu so I can get out with the lens.

Regards Gerard.

While the 300 f/4 would probably be okay hanging off the front of the camera, I feel better using a Black Rapid strap with a quick release. In my case I mounted a RRS Quick Release on my Black Rapid strap and it handles all of my long lenses or an extra camera body. I've even used it with a spotting scope.

Me also. Good carrying strap and release.

I got the Kirk replacement tripod collar for the 300 f/4 AF-S, and it's much better than the one that came with the lens. I attach a Blackrapid strap to the tripod mounting hole on the collar, and sling it over my opposite shoulder - it's almost weightless, and can be brought up immediately to take a hand-held shot.

Richard

I've ordered two of the blackrapid connectors. One for the manfrotto plate to connect to the tripod foot and another for the camera. I will connect a padded strap I had been using on the siggy 150-500 to these connectors and I think I have my solution. All I need now is to shake off this man flu so I can get out with the lens.

Regards Gerard.

This is how I use the Sigma 500. The Black Rapid is the redundancy (in case the QR plate works loose) as the Sigma is always on a gimbal & monopod except for BIF (and even then sometimes) !

I've had the QR plate loosen and slip off the gimbal once and also the BR screw loosen itself once, in both cases having redundancy saved the day.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back