• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Better Picture of My Raptor Central FL (1 Viewer)

lukerjedi

It seems to have a white collar and a raccoon(black and gray stripe) tail. My book shows Merlin to be the best match...but I am not good at this stuff.

Attachments

• new falcon.JPG
    new falcon.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 91
Changed my mind. Coopers, judging by the comparative size of the Squirrel, the proportionally 'small' head and the dark 'cap'. Merlin are tiny, by comparison.

Chris: You can see a squirrel? I can't. Picture still looks very tiny, all I see is some discoloured grass ;-)

Seriously though, I do agree that the mere presence of the squirrel knocks Sharp-shinned out of the running - something in the range of House Sparrow to Starling is much more in their league.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back