• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please ID Acrocephalus Warbler? China (1 Viewer)

xuky.summer

These two birds are shot in Yunnan province(Close to Burma, 2014-04-15 ), they have long and slender bill and short supercilium, unlike the common Oriental Reed Warbler. the first one has pinkish legs.

Thank you very much

xuky

Attachments

• 114513wgmmwye7mi0nlmo7.jpg
    114513wgmmwye7mi0nlmo7.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 143
  • 111836x74qm172fwg4wn4z.jpg
    111836x74qm172fwg4wn4z.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 135
It's hard to judge size from these images. Are you talking Oriental reed size, or smaller (eg black-browed RW size?

I'm guessing you are thinking about Large-billed, which I can understand given the known breeding grounds and records of birds on passage...

Thank you!
The photographer did not pay attention to size, I would like to know if there might be Clamorous Reed Warbler or Blunt-winged Warbler.

Hello,

I'm not sure , the 2nd bird is resemble Glamorous Reed Warbler (Indian race: brunnescens), the bill looks long and pale throat and chin, rufous underparst, PP fine too , However, Kennerly and Pearson 2010 exhibited a full account of the species and stated that the race A.s. amyae is found in SW china , your bird seems heavier than blunt-winged warbler which I would exclude it from my search.

Omar

Add new images, p2 is shorter than p5, and it shows emarginations on p3 and p4, may be p5?
Now considered to be Glamorous Reed Warbler yet?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• 111807oii67juxanxibzai.jpg
    111807oii67juxanxibzai.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 111829pnhhyyh7boluhn33.jpg
    111829pnhhyyh7boluhn33.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 111841pgjxvc1qu02xg82g.jpg
    111841pgjxvc1qu02xg82g.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 111856nrqnn1bn1yxzuycm.jpg
    111856nrqnn1bn1yxzuycm.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 60
More Clamorous than glamorous Xuky ;)

Could well be but looks rather long-winged in some of the latter shots. Wing formula suits CRW better I think, but I've never seen amyae.

Steep forehead, thin, slightly decurved bill, pure white breast and steep forehead, not to mention supercilium only in front of eye all point to it being a Clamorous Reed Warbler.

James

Steep forehead, thin, slightly decurved bill, pure white breast and steep forehead, not to mention supercilium only in front of eye all point to it being a Clamorous Reed Warbler.

James

Agree James, just a tad concerned about the first and third images in the last shots posted looking rather long-winged, other features certainly fit.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back