• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stint id help please. S. Thailand, Feb 26 ,2023 (1 Viewer)

bhutjoe

Hi, I am thinking this is a long-toed stint but I am not sure. In particular the eye-ring seems quite clear to me but it is not mentioned as an ID feature. Also, bill base does not seem pale. The bill relative to head seems short for a little stint. Also, it seems to be lacking a white supercilium. However, the breast seems washed in brown with light streaks and yellow-green legs. Photo 2435 shows (some of) the toes.
All photos of the same bird, taken Feb 23 in a marshy area in Songkhla Province, S. Thailand.
All comments and corrections very much appreciated.
thank you in advance
steve

Attachments

• DSCN2434.JPG
    DSCN2434.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
  • DSCN2435.JPG
    DSCN2435.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 53
  • fullsizeoutput_1859.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1859.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • fullsizeoutput_1858.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1858.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
  • fullsizeoutput_1860.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1860.jpeg
    770.5 KB · Views: 52

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back