• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Battery Capacity for 7Dii (1 Viewer)

Grahamdevenish

Hi all,

A question for all you Physicist/Electricians out there.....

I have a 7Dii with a battery grip, which takes 2 batteries - I have the LPE6N battery which came with the camera, which is a higher capacity battery than the standard battery that fits the 7D and 5Diii. For the second battery slot I put a standard LPE6 in - either Canon or aftermarket.

My question is - does the standard battery drag the performance of the higher capacity battery down. If it does then wouldn't it affect AF performance?

Cheers,

Graham

My understanding is that the battery grip uses the batteries independently, and thus it's simply a carrier for a second battery - albeit arranged so that changeover is automatic. Decades ago I bought battery grips for my Canon bodies, but stopped using them as soon as I realised that they weren't offering any extra current availability when shooting with my big whites. (In this respect, my 7D II seems to cope OK. My 5D didn't.)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back