• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa Rica-unknowns II (1 Viewer)

maria-TX-BCN

Here some pretty bad pictures of birds that I haven't been ablate ID. I hope some ring a bell to some of you. Any comment on anyone will be greatly appreciated.
All taken last week all near Tamarindo

thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSCN0165.JPG
    DSCN0165.JPG
    337.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN9938.JPG
    DSCN9938.JPG
    469.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN0633.jpg
    DSCN0633.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN0923.JPG
    DSCN0923.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 22
1 One of the Starthroats - impossible to say which I think.
2 Looks like Tropical Parula
4 Brown-crested Flycatcher?

A

Probably Plain-capped but I have seen Long-billed on the Nicoya Peninsula and since hummingbirds move around quite a bit I wouldn't rule it out. So, unfortunately, I don't know which one it is from that photo.

Yellow Warbler- note all yellow below, yellow eye ring, and yellow in tail.

Probably Brown-crested Fly but since Nutting's also occurs there and looks almost exactly like Brown-crested (the ones in CR don't have as big a bill as ones up north), I would rather hear or see it in life.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back