• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can anyone tell me what Bird this is... (1 Viewer)

kbird20

I found this "bird" and was wondering if it is a real type or not.

Can anyone tell me what it is called?

Thanks
Kbird20

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 71
My guess, if it was found in the States, is that it is an escapee from someone's cage as this is a Great Tit I believe. Not found in the US to my knowledge and I believe they are insectivorous (eat bugs) so not sure how well it would do in a cage.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from the entire staff here at BF ;)

Thank you so much! I didn't take this picture. I'm an artist and was looking through pictures for inspiration and found this bird. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Your most welcome kbird but just a heads up. As we respect copyright issues, if a photo was not taken by you, you cannot post it here. You can, post a link to the bird photo, just not the actual photo. ;)

...oh and its definitely real - in Portuguese they are called Chapim-real! The scientific name is quite similar to the English name - Parus major, which I never find uninteresting!

Not that it matters but I'm going against the consensus here. IMO the bird is a Green-backed Tit, obviously very similar to Great Tit but the wing covert tips and extent of black are wrong for GT.

[...] As we respect copyright issues, if a photo was not taken by you, you cannot post it here.[...] No probs ;)
That sounds really serious. ROFL.
Shouldn´t you delete it then when the OP tells that it´s not his/her photo!?
You can, post a link to the bird photo, just not the actual photo. ;)
Wrong. One can post the photo as long as he/she states clearly the source of it. Because then it´s considered a quote and quoting is allowed within the copyright laws!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back