• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Polarizing filter with binoculars (1 Viewer)

hinnark

Hi,

I frequently watch birds at the sea, at lakes, rivers and ponds. The sun is often reflecting over the water so I can´t see the birds that good. An old angler trick is using Polaroid sunglasses which enables them to look in the water. Some binoculars so as the Canon IS have the possibility to use objective filters. I ask myself if polarizing filters would give me a better view and if sunglasses with polfilters will do this job as good as objective polarizing filters will do. Do you have some experiences with that?

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back