• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with which bird is it?? (1 Viewer)

[...] is this the place to ask?? o:D
Welcome kajoor62, here´s the place to read first:
Sticky: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING: Include Country and Location in title of your Thread
That makes it easier to ID your bird, how should one know where yoo took this photos?

Regards,
Stonechat1

Even if I didn't know where in the world this was taken, there's no mistaking this as anything other than a Black Bittern, a species I have on my garden list.

I might add that you should approach this bird with care. If it decides to defend itself, it will most likely aim for your eye with its bill. Be very careful.

Last edited:
I might add that you should approach this bird with care. If it decides to defend itself, it will most likely aim for your eye with its bill. Be very careful.

Good advice indeed..they lunge at lightning speed!

If you need to put into a box for transportation its a good idea to throw a sheet or other cloth over it to facilitate picking the beautiful beast up.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back