• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone have transition eyeglass lenses ? (1 Viewer)

Glad to hear all is well GG!

I did re-check the brightness thing viewing through binoculars with my transitions, and due to their age (half a dozen years old now), they don't completely clear up - they're not quite Roy Orbison brown yet, but I would estimate a minimal 1-3% brightness loss .... it's not really noticeable. I'd expect the new pair to be 100% bright. :cat:

Sometimes they don't darken enough, or quickly enough when driving, but they do take the edge off, and as I'm quite tall it's not usually an issue - the visor suffices. Again, the new pair will perform better.

Whatever you go with, I'd recommend the lowest CA lenses possible, as it will give you the greatest margin of error in alignment - useful in snap viewing, or fleeting glance situations. Worth the small extra expense amortised over their life IMHO. Good luck!

Chosun :gh:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back