• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Optolyth Tbs 80 Scope (1 Viewer)

Bencw

I picked this used scope up, in very good condition, came with a padded case, sturdy tripod and 2 top notch Optolyth lenses, 20x and 30x. This is my first scope, only ever used binoculars so didn't want to start with anything too expensive. I know it's quite old now, but i'm pretty pleased with it, gives a very nice image. I think Optolyth make a 20 - 60x zoom which i'm looking out for, but I reckon it will take a bit more magnification, 80x maybe even 100x for some astronomy use, does anyone know if any other make of lens will fit these, ?

Attachments

• OPTOLYTH TBS80-1.JPG
    OPTOLYTH TBS80-1.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 490
  • OPTOLYTH TBS80-2.JPG
    OPTOLYTH TBS80-2.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 275
Hi,

congratulations on your scope. Optolyth sells an astro adapter part no ZUB-24068. Also the Optolyth body has a female M37x0.75 thread which allows your own experiments with rubber o-rings, bicycle tube or gaffa tape around the 1,25" tube of an astro eyepiece. In the scope section there's a thread where a Baader Hyperion Zoom was easily fitted to a TBS80 ED body for a 18-53x zoom.

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back