• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Breathing a sigh of relief (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
Wednesday was not a very good day for me. In fact I had a melt down.

I put my d50 on tripod out on the back deck as I usually do for the last 5 years, when I get home from the office. Came back into the house to feed the dog and I hear a loud crash. I run outside find my camera in pieces and the tamron 200-500 lens broke away and was laying on its own. Saw the tail of my neighbor's dog running from the yard. I had enough sense to know it was time for new camera and I ordered the d90 which was delivered today. My biggest fear was that the tamron lens did not survive the 5' drop on to the wooden deck. No parts were heard when I gave it a gentle shake but wouldn't know until I actually got it on a camera. Bottom line - when I got home today and put the lens on the camera the lens is fine. Phew! A solidly built piece of camera equipment. Learning the d90 a whole other story ;)

Wow, I would have been in tears if my MIII had taken a tumble like that! Sorry about the camera, glad the lens is ok.

KC as you may know I had a very similar thing happen to me when a tripod leg collapsed, its not a nice feeling.
You'll love the D90, I bought my daughter one and I was very impressed with it
onwards and upwards

Exactly where did you bury the dog?:-O

I went to the neighbor that day and told him what his dog had done and he said "can you prove it"

I, in turn, said no because he broke the camera.

I really do not blame the dog but the neighbor who owns it is a whole other story.

i blame the neighbor and the tripod, hehehe.

no really KC i am impressed with the lens, tried to search for a tormon lens with olympus mount but did not find, not even a prime 400 mm or 500mm.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back