• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scope needed (1 Viewer)

flible

Hi all,

I'm volunteering on an island bird observatory later this month, and a scope is essential for recording sea bird passage. Unfortunately I can't afford to buy a scope for the 2-3 month period that I'm staying there. I realise it's a big ask, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to lend me a scope for this time?

Many thanks,

Ephraim

Doesn't anyone on the observatory have one? Maybe there is one that belongs to the observatory.

Sorry I've only got one scope and I need it!

If you are connected to an RSPB centre, you may want to try borrowing one off them. Explain what you are doing and they may be willing to lend you a demo model. Outside of that, you could try any birding clubs near you. You may get more response from someone who can put a face to a name.

Which island are you heading for?

If you have a tripod, I have a scope I can send you.

It's a Hawke 85ED. Optics are sound, so is the water tightness. I've used it in driving rain, lent it out to my birding mate till he got his kit, so if you can live with well travelled and a bit battered scope, have at it.

It still has its cable tie sight, which for sea watching helps no end in acquiring fast birds over a blue expanse.

Ratal I sent a link of your very kind offer to Ephraim VIA email. It shows he has not been on here since 8/23/16 07:03 so might of not had a chance to see your offer.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back