• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First in a long time (1 Viewer)

more fantastic drawings, these are good solid birds, don't know why everyone wants barn owls though, could be that almost human face.

You might well have a point on the renaming...

I thought that I'd draw a somewhat different 'bird' for my Dad's birthday. Much quicker than drawing the feathered variety. The only thing nagging me about it is that this aircraft is now in different colours, the owner having decided that this colour scheme was innacurate for this aircraft (this being a Mk XVI and the colours belonging to an F. 21). Ah well...

Attachments

• spitefire_MkXVI_bf.jpg
    spitefire_MkXVI_bf.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 54
Nice display of versitility - barn owl is very, very lovely and dad will be delighted with his 'bird' - plumage irregularlites or not.

I've seen a few of these birds, cranes, they're called, until you get binoculars on them. Accurate drawing of manmade shapes is one of the hardest things to do, at least when you get a line wrong on a bird , it adds to the movement! This is a wonderful picture.

First for a little while...

Whew, been too busy to do much drawing lately as we're getting ready for the move to Australia, but I just about managed to squeeze this one in for someone.
There's something I don't like about this picture, although I guess it might have looked a bit better if I'd used a smoother paper.
Back to birds soon enough, though. I get a month off in the UK first, so should be able to get a few more done then.

Attachments

• tomcat_800.jpg
    tomcat_800.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 57
nice! I'd find it impossible to draw something like this - what I like about birds is their fluidity - no straight lines to get exactly right.

Ta! I really had a liking for technical drawing when I was at school, so I quite enjoy both sides - fluidity and edges.
When I move out to Australia, it'll be still in the winter, so plenty of evenings in which to draw and work on the website and the new book.

Oooh the land down under! Think of all those parrots, and raptors, and everything else new to draw. I'm looking forward to those. Best of luck with the move.

Mike

Rather annoyingly, the chap I did the Tomcat picture for has dropped out of contact and hasn't paid up the very small sum (CHF 25) I asked for to cover pencils and paper.

Been a while, but I finally finished a drawing I started in Switzerland about four months ago. I'll have to catch up on everyone else's threads as well.

Attachments

• toucan_barbet_bf.jpg
    toucan_barbet_bf.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 82
Certainly been a while since I posted a new drawing, but finding the time is hard these days.
Have a Purple-crowned Fairy-wren...

Attachments

• pcfw1_800.jpg
    pcfw1_800.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 59
Thanks! The picture didn't actually scan too well, which is a shame and a lot of the detail seems to be blurred, but you can't have everything. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to do a bit more soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back